Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In-Out-In Again-Out Again-In Again

What gives people the right to drop in and out of our lives as they deem fit is completely beyond me? And why I let them do so is something that will take years of therapy to dwell into.

People should make a declaration before entering your life:

1) “I will be with you forever and ever whether you like it or not”
2) “I am here for you now and will be around as long as you need/want me”
3) “I will be with you for ‘enter definite period of time’. After that I am gone”
4) “I am here for this minute. The next minute I have no clue”
5) “I don’t exist in your life”

And they should not be allowed to move categories without getting prior written permission. In that way the control is in my hand.

On the other hand, I can just refuse people entry in my life and heart. Play the game on my terms. If only I had learnt that!

But isn’t it said that it’s too late to teach an old dog, new tricks?

2 comments:

  1. ok. i pick (2) with you. If physical location may become a problem one day...at least spiritually applied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! But I knew you are 2. Its some others that fall under 4 that bother me!

    ReplyDelete