Sunday, December 23, 2012

For Myself

I have been told that I have an NGO mentality (Non-Government/Voluntary/Charity Organization for the uninformed). I am much kinder and compassionate to others then I am to myself. I feel others pain to the extent it brings tears to my eyes. I go out of my way to make them feel better, to help them- in whatever little way I can. My phone is like Akhbar's Darbar, where no request went unheard. I reply to every SMS, I return every call, I answer to every ask- and some times when its not even asked.

These are unselfish deeds, but the slight selfish part to them is that they make me feel good. It gives me immense pleasure knowing that I have helped someone, given then something they enjoy, looked after them when they needed it, was the shoulder to cry on, or simply the ear to listen to. I am happy that I am the chosen one when someone is in need. I hardly ever expect anything in return. Its purely because I like to help people. If life were a 70s movie I would be the union leader who fights for the rights of the workers.

I never felt there is anything wrong in this, but this New Year I resolve to add one more person to the list- MYSELF.

  • I resolve to not to be as harsh on myself
  • I resolve to be kinder to myself
  • I resolve to let things go (this one will take a while) :)
  • I resolve to focus on myself
  • I resolve to live in the present
  • I resolve to surrender to God
  • I resolve to not control every aspect of my life
  • I resolve to look inwards
  • I resolve to improve myself
  • I resolve to heal myself
  • I resolve to spend time with myself
  • I resolve to feel happy by my myself
  • I resolve to simply be
For everyone who I love, I promise I will always be there for you. You know where to reach me and you know I will return your call/SMS/whatsapp/BBM/email/FB email.

I will give you what YOU SAY YOU NEED. Not what I THINK YOU NEED. (even though sometimes I know latter is right) ;)

Gandhi said "Be the change you want to see in the world". I want to see a more peaceful world. I have always believed in the 'Live and Let Live' philosophy, which is only attainable when everyone is at peace with themselves.

I resolve to find at least some  of that inner peace- if Kung Fu Panda could do it, I think I have a chance too!

Happy New Year Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment